Best Effort Services SLA
Best Effort Services
Keystone WISP offers the following services covered by best effort service delivery and technical support:
- Residential Internet
- Security (no personal equipment is managed)
- Website hosting
- Virtual Private Server hosting
- Business Internet
- Conference Voice
- Website Hosting
- Virtual Private Server hosting
- Co-location Server hosting
When we state “best effort”, we mean that Keystone WISP will use its best, commercially reasonable efforts to meet our obligations and promises to you, the service customer. Please note that residential security services and products do not include any personal security products owned by the customer and offered by Keystone WISP now or in the future. Enterprise Internet customers receive different service standards than our Business Internet and other business customers, and are not subject to our best effort service standards.
Best Effort Service Definition
All Keystone WISP services listed abose under Best Effort Services follow the model of best effort service delivery, which is how Keystone WISP service reach you, the service customer. Best effort service delivery is limited by the following:
- Keystone WISP does not guarantee that data delivered through our Network Services will reach its destination, nor do we provide Quality of Service (QoS) controls to ensure delivery. If guaranteed delivery is desired, the customer must obtain its own guaranteed deliver protocols (such as TCP/IP).
- Keystone WISP does not provide a guarantee of uptime or availability of service, nor any guarantee of financial restitution or any other remedy for disruption of service. Service credits may be issued at the sole discretion of Keystone WISP management.
- Keystone WISP Network Services are sold and advertised at best possible maximum bandwidth. Keystone WISP will make a best effort attempt to provide data bandwidth up to the Network Services’ maximum throughput; however, this speed is not guaranteed. Technical considerations may limit the available bandwidth, including, but not limited to:
- Distance from radio-to-fiber transceivers
- Local network saturation
- Faulty or sub-standard customer premises wiring or equipment
- Factors outside Keystone WISP’s control, including, but not limited to, upstream providers, available bandwidth at the radio-to-fiber transceiver
- Spontaneous consumption spikes
- Weather and ecological conditions
- Keystone WISP does not actively monitor the status of a customer’s connection. It is the customer’s responsibility to report trouble with connectivity and Network Services to Keystone WISP Technical Support at (814) 331-9220. Technical Support is available 10:00 PM to 6:00 PM ET, with the exception of holidays.
Best Effort Restoration of Service
All Keystone WISP services listed above under Best Effort Services follow the model of best effort restoration of service. In the event of a service disruption, it is the customer’s responsibility to contract Keystone WISP Technical Support at (814) 331-9220 to report the problem. As Keystone WISP does not actively monitor the status of a customer’s connection, we may not be aware that a problem exists. Once informed, Keystone WISP will make a best effort attempt to restore service. Best effort restoration of a service consists of:
- Keystone WISP will make a best effort attempt to restore service as quickly as feasible.
- Keystone WISP does not guarantee a specific restoration time-frame.
- Keystone WISP is responsible for service delivery to our Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) only. CPE are typically external equipment located outside the customer’s home or building.
- Keystone WISP will respond to customer premises trouble (trouble impacting a single customer) during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM ET) only. Keystone WISP does not offer after-hours repair services for residential or business customers.
- Elective repairs of customer-owned wiring or equipment will be billable to the customer and scheduled at the sole discretion of Keystone WISP management. Keystone WISP may determine in its sole discretion whether repairs are necessary or elective.
- Repairs will be conducted in accordance with standards practiced by Keystone WISP and the telecommunications industry. Keystone WISP does not provide a guarantee that work performed will meet customer expectations.
Except for the express warranties stated above AND IN APPLICABLE TERMS BETWEEN Keystone WISP AND YOU (WHETHER POSTED ON Keystone WISP’s WEBSITE OR IN THE APPLICABLE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND Keystone WISP), Keystone WISP and its affiliates expressly disclaim all warranties, either express, implied, statutory, or otherwise, and specifically disclaim all implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purposes, title and non-infringement.